On July 24-26, Baikalsk will turn into a berry kingdom as the time comes for the VII annual strawberry festival “Victoria”. The celebration will be accompanied by a youth music and arts festival “By pure waters”. Folk and rock bands from the Irkutsk region will perform there.
The festival will be held in and around the “Baikal” sports complex.
The festival will have:
- “Baikal Arbat” shopping arcade and “Strawberry Festival 2008-2014” photography exhibition; “Miss Victoria 2015” pageant;
- Workshops on blacksmithing, woodcarving and making flowers from balloons and satin ribbons;
- Table tennis, minifootball, checkers, beach volleyball and weight-lifting competitions;
- The opening of the strawberry festival forged sculpture at a quay in the Gagarin microdistrict/
And for dessert
Friday: color festival from 16:30 to 18:00, strawberry auction at 21:30 and a party until 01:00.
Saturday: eating a large strawberry pie at the official closing of “Victoria” festival from 19:00 to 20:00, opening of the “By pure waters” festival and a music concert from 20:00 to 01:00.
Sunday: the final concert on a sports complex stage from 16:00 until nightfall.
Participation is free, so come and get into the mood for some strawberries.
How to get to Baikalsk from Irkutsk
- by car in 2.5 hours
- by bus route number 544 that departs from the bus station. The bus departs at 09:30, and the ride will cost you 300 rubles.
- by a minibus that departs from the parking lot near the Shopping Complex on Timiryazev Street. Book the tickets in advance before your trip by calling +7 (902) 560-35-36, +7 (902) 513-86-94.
- by an evening train to Vydrino. The train departs from the Irkutsk-Sortirovochny station at 17:36. The ride will last for 4 hours and 7 minutes, costing you 150 rubles. The train back departs from Baikalsk at 05:08