On September 27th, the whole world celebrates the Tourism Day. Lake Baikal will celebrate this day along with the Omul Festival. The main events of those festivals will happen in Eastland ski resort in Listvyanka and at the Ol-Terra turbaza in Utulik. Come and get some Baikal water, souvenirs and gastronomic experience!
Listvyanka celebration highlights
- from 12:00 to 18:00 on Saturday: “Made at Baikal” fair.
- from 13:00 to 15:00 on Sunday: a culinary show with an omul delicacy tasting.
Utulik celebration highlights
- from 11:30 on Saturday: a workshop with the participants of the first wooden sculpture festival, a theatrical play based on “A barrel of omul” Buryat fairytale, fishing competitions.
- from 13:00 to 17:00 on Sunday: a culinary duel and a best omul dish competition.
How to get there
How to get to the Eastland ski resort
- go by car on the Irkutsk – Listvyanka highway. When you see a “Sanatoriy Baikal” road sign, turn left.
- go by a bus or a minibus to Listvyanka and take a five-minute walk to the ski resort.
- order a transfer by calling +7 39-52 25-00-00, +7 39-52 25-01-50.
How to get to the Ol-Terra turbaza
- go by car on the M55 highway to Utulik, which stands 140 kilometers away from Irkutsk. Turn towards the the Irida Garden and a white-blue house with a flag, which is the village administration building. Follow the route arrows towards the shore.
- go by a bus or a minibus that travels to Baikalsk. You’ll need to get off near Polina cafe in Utulik. The bus departs from the Irkutsk bus station at 09:30. The road will take 3,5 hours, costing you 300 rubles. Minibuses depart daily from the bus station, the Central Market and the train station almost every hour. The last ride departs at 20:30. After you get to Utulik, go by foot or order a taxi by calling
+7 39-54 23-33-33, +7 39-54 23-33-55.
- go by 6334 Irkutsk-Baikalsk train to the Utulik station. The train departs from the Irkutsk-Passazhirsky station at 17:36 and gets to Utulik in 3 hours and 50 minutes. A one-way ticket will cost you 160 rubles. Since you’ll get to Utulik late at night, we recommend you to get a taxi to the turbaza.